This is a quick one about a problem that I spotted with VirtualBox on my Macbook. I hope someone will find it useful.
I was trying to attach an encrypted USB drive to a Debian 10 virtual machine. Every time I selected the “JMicron USB” disk device from the USB device list, the following error appeared.
I tried couple of things based on what I was able to find about the problem on the Internet:
- Upgraded VirtualBox to 6.0
- Configured the USB filter
- Installed VirtualBox Extension Pack
- Enabled USB 2.0 controller
Eventually, what worked for me was:
- USB 3.0 controller (xHCI)
- VirtualBox 6.0
- VirtualBox Extension Pack
After changing the settings, I was able to detect my USB drive and mount it successfully.